Thursday, February 22, 2007

Post 8

I actually already have used some video editing in my work. One of the 3-D modeling software packages that I teach my students is SketchUp. Sketchup has a feature that allows you to animate your 3-D model. The animation makes it appear as though a camera is flying around your object, viewing from different angles and zooming in and out. You can then export your animation as an avi file. I compiled several of my students' models into one video clip and posted the video to youtube. I think the students get a kick out of having some of their work posted on youtube, and it also gives their parents (or anybody else in the world) a chance to see what my students are working on in class. You too can see my students' work:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNlnu9aoCEA

(I commented on Mrs. C's Blog)

1 comment:

Scott Laslo said...

Have you tried solidworks? This program also generates 3D-animation it's really cool.