Thursday, February 15, 2007

Post 6 & 7

Well, my video is finally done. I did a mini movie-mashup. After watching several movie-mashups online, I thought the idea was hilarious, and I wanted to do one of my own. I was particularly inspired by one that I saw online where Sesame Street characters were overdubbed with audio from Scorsese movies like Goodfellas and Taxi Driver. I was always a fan of the Great Muppet Caper, and I thought it would easily mix with another heist movie - Ocean's Eleven. I took the audio from the Ocean's Eleven trailer and sliced and diced video from the Muppet Caper over it. I had to download and experiment with several different programs to rip the video from a DVD and then convert the file from VOB to avi. I found that a combination of DVDFab decrypter and DVD2avi worked best. (I ran into some problems using avisynth and virtualdub before I tried DVD2avi) At one point, after ripping and converting the Great Muppet Caper, I had completely fillied by hard drive (60 gig). I learned how to be more selective - ripping only the short parts of the movie that I wanted, rather than the entire thing. I think the project was pretty fun, and I am pretty pleased with the final result.

No comments: