Thursday, January 25, 2007

3rd post

I have been having fun using Photoshop, but it does seem to take a lot of time. Hopefully as my skills improve, my time spend on each project will decrease.

I am sure there are some ways that I could use my newfound Photoshop skill in the workplace. I am experimenting with a web site for my class that I teach. Right now the web site is very crude, and I have not been doing a good job of keeping it up-to-date, but I am sure that with a little Photoshop I could really spruce it up. Also, since I work for a Career & Technical School, marketing and recruitment are important issues. We have a wonderful marketing department at C-Tec, but I could also contribute in some small ways. For instance, I could use Photoshop to make a photo collage to be displayed in the hallway display case just outside my classroom. It would be a way of letting outsiders see what types of things we do in class and hopefully generate a little PR for the program.

For our most recent photophop assignment, I created a Gatorade advertisment in which a snail is racing a stock car. I had a hard time coming up with an idea for an original advertisement, so I decided to spoof an existing ad campaign. Somehow, the idea of a racing snail popped into my mind, so I took the idea and ran with it. I am pretty pleased with how it turned out. I shared it with some of my students and got a pretty good laugh.

No comments: